Landscaping Costs Overview
What’s Your Budget?
When considering the budget for your landscaping project remember that investing in the outdoor environment of your home appreciates the value of your property beyond just greater enjoyment and use for the occupants and guests. Here are some examples of why investing in your landscape design is a wise investment:
- Homes with “excellent” landscaping in Virgnia Beach can expect a sale price about between 7 and 15 percent higher than equivalent houses with “good” landscaping. – Source: The Gallup Organization.
- Most home renovation investments cannot be fully recovered, however, well-designed, properly installed, and cared for landscaping can bring a recovery value of 100 to 200 percent at selling time. Kitchen remodeling brings a 75 to 125 percent recovery rate, bathroom remodeling a 20 to 120 percent recovery rate, and an addition of a swimming pool a 20 to 50 percent recovery rate. – Source: Money Magazine.
- If investing even a mere 5% of your house’s worth seems steep, consider this example: “For a $500,000 home, on which you spend $25,000 to spruce it up, even a modest gain of 7.5% at reappraisal would mean a return of $12,500 beyond your investment.” – Source : SmartMoney Magazine.
Our talented landscape designers will work with you to come up with the best ideas and options for your project. Our Virginia Beach landscaping company’s approach is a professional process tailored to the homeowner’s needs and the property’s unique site challenges.
After reviewing your property and project ideas with you, our designers can give you a “ballpark” price range for your landscaping estimate based on previous projects of similar size and scope of work before determining the next step. Here are some very general landscaping costs we’ve encountered for projects in Virginia Beach and Chesapeake, VA.
Landscape Install & Renovation Estimate:
This typically is for a small sized property, or just the front or back of a normal sized yard. Most landscape re-design and renovations generally have a price range of $2,500-$6,000. The projects in this price range typically take one (1) to two (2) days to install.
Larger Landscape Install & Renovation Costs:
This is typical for a full landscape re-design or Landscape Renovation (front and back) of a normal to large sized yard. These projects generally have a price range of $8,000-$15,000.
Landscape Lighting Costs
Prices usually run between $2,500-$6,000 for most systems. We recommend our bronze and copper fixtures with LED bulb systems over the cheaper systems with plastic and aluminum fixtures and halogen bulbs because of the savings on electricity, bulb life, and fixture durability. It may cost a little more up front, but will save you money for years down the road.
Cost Estimates for Paver Sidewalks & Patios
Winesett Nursery & Landscaping is a Belgard Authorized Contractor and our installers are ICPI certified. Patios range in size, shape, and features. A brick paver patio that is ground level might range from $3,000.00 to $11,000.00 depending on access to the site, paver style, and any other features a homeowner requests.
Brick Paver Sidewalks installed as part of a total Landscape Renovation project can be a less expensive portion of the total project than just installing the sidewalk alone. A typical budget for a new Paver Sidewalk would range from $3,500.00 to $6,500.00 depending again on a number of variables and features desired.
Lawn Irrigation / Sprinkler System Costs
First things come first, and before you can expect to have a vibrant landscape you must make sure you have water to irrigate it. Irrigation systems help to pick up where Mother Nature leaves off. To irrigate efficiently and effectively, a professionally installed irrigation system can help protect your landscape investment and save you time. General Price Range – $3,500.00 – $6,000.00.
Ready to start a project with Winesett Nursery and Landscaping? Call us at 757-426-7880 or complete our online request form to schedule an estimate!
- 3 Great Reasons To Enhance Your Landscaping With A Pond Or Waterfall Feature
The landscaping is usually one of the most important aspects of any home renovation project, and that is usually because your home’s landscaping is one of the first things that people are going to see when they see your home. There are a number of great ways to enhance the beauty of your home’s landscaping, […]Read More
- 3 Great Benefits To Including Walls In Your Landscaping Design
When it comes to versatile design elements for your home’s landscaping, landscaping walls rank right up there at the top of the list in the Virginia Beach area. In addition to providing you with an extremely attractive and useful landscaping feature, tastefully designed and built landscaping walls can help you add a great deal of […]Read More